Monday, November 18, 2013

What To Do When The power Goes Out From A Storm......


What To Do When The Power Goes Out From A Storm....



A flurry of tornadoes, rare for this time of year, killed at least six people in Illinois and damaged or destroyed hundreds of houses. The tornadoes were part of a system of violent storms across a dozen states, fueled by warm temperatures and strong winds.

This was the national news report this morning about some devastating storms that swept through the central Midwest Region Yesterday. It seemed
like a normal quiet Sunday morning in the small village town where I currently
reside but the weather quickly changed and I heard the radio weather report that tornadoes were sweeping through the area. 

I had plans to do cleaning and laundry and cooking after Sunday morning church services -  and then suddenly amid a very strong storm, with high winds - the electrical power completely went out. I did not know how long the power outage would last or If my place was in the path of the tornadoes but I looked around for what I had that could be helpful during the storm.

I found that I had some candles and a lantern and warm blankets to see me through the dark night if the power was not restored before night fall. I heard that many suffered tremendous losses of property and even life but the power came back on for me before supper time.

I remembered that I received a donation of some very old broken bits of jewelry to my handicrafts for charity program. I wanted to do something pro-active with my time to connect to my spiritual source in the time of crisis and trouble - So I patiently picked usable pieces from that box of broken things and I made a beaded rosary prayer counter for myself. I was feeling so confused about the terrible storm and not having communications made me feel that it could very well be a real possibility that the power may even go out again. 

I found this box of very old broken pieces....


And I Made This Rosary Bead Prayer Counter To pray during the night last night......

I prayed all through the night.... All sorts of prayers and also the rosary. This morning sun is shining but I will always have my new rosary to remember the strong storm. I did not have the virgin Mary Medallion to add to it and I did not have a crucifix but I just used what I did have and I know that God heard my prayers.

This morning my prayers are still for those who suffered loss in the storm yesterday and for the dearly departed souls who transitioned because of the tornadoes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment